*Project Retired* See notes at the bottom of the page.
MIDI Club is excited to announce its first hardware product, the JunoCTRL. This specialized MIDI controller is the most comprehensive and affordable way to unleash the full potential of five of the best Polyphonic Analog Roland Synthesizers: The Alpha Juno 1, Alpha Juno 2, MKS-50, HS-10, and HS-80.
The JunoCtrl has all of the same features of the Roland PG-300 and more, allowing more complete integration of your synthesizer and DAW/Sequencer.
- 29 Potentiometers, 6 rotary switches and 1 button control all synthesizer parameters
- MIDI In port allows passthrough of all MIDI messages to the synthesizer
- Three modes of operation:
- CTRL Mode: Conventional synthesizer control as well as built-in CC conversion allowing synthesizer parameters to be controlled by almost any DAW/sequencer through CC messages
- CC Mode: JunoCtrl functions as a generic MIDI controller, sending out CC messages over MIDI to control any hardware/software device or any DAW/Sequencer
- DUAL mode: Conventional synthesizer control coupled with CC output and conversion, allowing DAW/sequencer to receive, record and playback physical knob manipulation in real time
- For all modes, CC messages and channels are fully assignable
- Chord Memory with 8 assignable chords
- Snapshot and Snapshot Trigger functions allows for all parameters or a specific set of parameters to be updated simultaneously
Dimensions: 27 x 18 x 6.2 (cm)
Weight: 1.07 kg
For a more detailed breakdown of features and functionality, please have a look at the manual.
A North American or European Power Adapter (depending on where I’m shipping to) is included with the JunoCtrl, and is rated for operation for 100-240v.
The JunoCTRL is assembled by hand and ships from Vancouver, Canada. Each unit is rigorously tested and includes a 1 year warranty for defects in parts or labour.
Shipping is free to Canada and the USA (4-7 business days). International shipping is a flate rate of $30 USD (6-10 business days, or longer if the item gets held up in customs). Please select the appropriate option from the drop-down box below. All shipping options include tracking.
Please contact us if you’d like faster shipping options. Orders will be shipped either the same day or following day. **Please note that orders placed on Saturday or Sunday will not be shipped until Monday.
*Note: the JunoCTRL now comes in a sturdy black aluminium enclosure, we no longer sell JunoCTRL’s in the acrylic plastic case which you see featured in our video. See photos at the top of this webpage in the gallery slideshow.*
Dear valued customers and synthesizer enthusiasts,
The time has come that I have decided to retire this project. There are several reasons, but mainly sales are low enough now that it is no longer economical to produce these. A couple of folks have reached out to ask if I would open-source this project and the answer is I would gladly do that, however unfortunately this controller is not cheap to build if you’re just making a single unit, so it’s not ideal as an open-source project. Certain components, namely the Alps rotary switches have jumped up in price substantially since we first started producing them and the aluminum enclosure is quite expensive to order only 1 at a time. On top of that the JunoCTRL not easy to build, even with advance builders, they might run into a couple of challenges without the experience of building hundreds of these things like I have had. Finally, the JunoCTRL firmware was originally written 5 years ago and it was my first embedded programming project. Features were continually added to it after the fact and best programming practices (readability, maintainability, etc.) we’re not followed, so I would rather not put it on github.
Since five years ago, I have learned a lot about embedded programming, electronics, managing a project from the product development phase to manufacturing and selling. I hope to soon put everything I’ve learned into making newer and better MIDI Club products, but for now I’m taking the time further my education before diving in again. Thank you so much to all my customers and folks in the synthesizer community I have been connected with due to my work with this project.
Finally, although I will be retiring this project, I will continue to be reachable at firstname.lastname@example.org for technical support, spare parts, or questions about the JunoCTRL. You can also reach me via our Facebook page.